8.01.2009

- AdoRn It BLog ParTy thrills and chills -

The Adornit Summer Blog Party continues. First you have to know that Georgana (my boss) and I (and the rest of our team, Tammy, Alison, guest bloggers) have put our hearts and souls into this Blog Party. I got a headache I tried so hard to write paragraphs that sounded friendly, fun, and party-ish on our Blog Party posts.

I was so excited for the Blog Hop - it happened yesterday, on Day 3 of the week-long Blog Party. (You can still do it if you click on Blog Hop.) We ended up with 80 scrappers who made the Blog Hop happen - they actually created projects using the theme Summer Favorites, posted them on their blogs, and linked to the next scrapper's blog. Georgana spent hours organizing everything. After a few initial snags, (at one point Georgana had to tell me, "Calm down!"), it ended up really great. I couldn't believe the quality and creativity of the projects that our friends showed. Many, many used Adornit product, which just thrilled me. And lots of kind, sweet people left comments at the all different blogs.

It tickled me that my sister, Merilee - who was here visiting (we went to a performance of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and had yummy Chili's Two for Twenty meal before the show and Coldstone ice cream after) - joined the blog hop and got through it in a little over an hour. She's so neat and worth a post of her own, which I'll do soon!

So for today's Blog Party activity, we have lots of ideas for scrapping the outdoor adventures that people have this summer. Oh and you have to see the clever first aid kit, which I very appropriately named, "The Cutest Little First Aid Kit Ever." Now I'm going to type that fast and you'll see the problem I have with capital I's. THe Cuters LIttle FIrst AId KIt Ever. I always have to go back and uncapitalize I's when they are second in a word. And can you believe that that title has I's second in four of the seven words. I'm rambling on and on because I have a ton of things to do that I'm trying to avoid.

Well, here is the layout I made for today's Blog Party. It's a picture of me hiking at Jenny Lake in Jackson Hole, Wyoming - a great memory and worthy of some journaling which I didn't put on my layout. Well, gotta go tackle those phone calls.