5.14.2009

+ my favorite color - really +


My favorite color is the color of baby leaves - the color of trees in the spring when the leaves first begin to grow. I love that I'm surrounded by this 'new green' right now. If I look out any window, I see that color, and it makes my heart light.
This color is popular in the home decor and fashion worlds too. The next four photos are from a variety of Etsy shops. I realize that I should give credit to where the photos came from, but I forgot that little detail as I was searching etsy and copying images. Next time I do a post like this I will be sure to add names. I was just in a green zone with no thought to attribution and such.




This color is really more yellow than green. What's the name of this color? Some might say chartreuse - but I really don't like the sound of that name! Here's what wikipedia says about chartreuse. Is there a crayon called chartreuse?

Chartreuse (pronounced /ʃɑrˈtruːz/, is a color halfway between yellow and green that was named because of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French liqueurs called green chartreuse, introduced in 1764; whereas chartreuse (the traditional color) is a yellow color mixed with a small amount of green that was named because of its resemblance to the yellow color of one of the French liqueurs called yellow chartreuse, introduced in 1838.[2]

That is one of the worst definitions I've ever read. I might have to give up and go to bed. Can you tell it's after midnight and I keep falling asleep at the keyboard. Have I ever told you about the time I fell asleep at the wheel going 80 mph? I'll save that for another post.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Eileen said...

What beautiful photos! AND a beautiful color. How fun to get so educated while enjoying all the beauty. You are too cute!

And I can't wait to hear the story of you falling asleep. I'm glad you lived to tell it.

mensea

Ali Rae Designs said...

LOve love love the blogs and webs you suggested and I like that color the green/yellow cause it is very funky and unusual most ppl wouldn't vear to it only creative ppl with a creative eye.

Janet said...

You told ME the story one day while we were on the way home from one of Amy and Becky's dance competitions. I remember being a teeny bit glad that I was the one driving that day : )

Beautiful pictures, beautiful yard, love that color too.

Why does Eileen always have the word verification word in her comment?