10.14.2008

^ Meet Me @ Borders 2day ^

Sometimes, just for fun, I look at The Martha Blog, because honestly, Martha Stewart is a pretty interesting and inspring woman. Somewhere there I found an announcment about THIS BOOK on home decorating. It is available starting today, Tuesday, October 14. It is written by the editors of domino magazine, one of the magazines I read when I drop into Borders for a magazine fix. What drew me to the book is the cover. I love the colors and the flowers and especially the little bird. My mom loves birds and I think that has influenced me. Plus, birds are EVERYWHERE in scrapbooking and home decor.

I can't wait to look through the book because I need some inspiration for my newly remodeled basement. What's left is the finishing touches - the hard part. If I don't hurry and get something on the walls in the TV room, Scott will be finding his Darth Vadar poster and his Star Trek Spaceship Enterprise Clock (NCC 1701 - the original Star Trek) to hang back up. I have to avoid that at all costs.

Here is the paragraph about the book from another blog. I guess "I've been living under a rock."
You would have to be living under a rock to miss this one but I just have to add my voice to the chorus clamoring to get their hands on Domino: The Book of Decorating (Simon & Schuster) by domino magazine editors Deborah Needleman, Sara Ruffin Costello and Dara Caponigro. Tuesday, October 14 marks its debut. The book is a wonderfully colorful room-by-room guide, sharing an array of insider interior design tips, expert shopping strategies and personal design experiences. Find it at bookstores nationwide and via amazon.com