5.16.2010

{a book by favorite Sue Spargo }

I love the look and style of Sue Spargo's quilting and sewing projects. Maybe they remind me of the two years that we lived in Germany or maybe it's the greenish-yellow color that she uses a lot in her quilts and is my favorite. I was excited to get an email that she has a new book - called 'Contemporary Folk.' It's published by Quiltmania magazine - a European quilt mag - a good one. I'm not suprised they hooked up with Sue Spargo.

It will be available on her website www.suespargo.com June 1. Here are a few pictures from inside the book.

In the 208 pages, it features 18 projects including 3 large wall quilts, pillows, purses, table runners, needle cases, pincushions and funky little birds.

The graphics are fabulous and they truly capture the essence of Sue's work featuring snippets from her journals and embellishing techniques.







Ohhh - I hope to spend some quality time in the sewing room this summer - starting with those adorable birds!