9.08.2008

{ summer in review scrapbook project }

Today's post is borrowed from my boss Georgana's blog It's my monthly column for Adornit called "Beginner Basics." This was such a fun scrapbook layout to make - a quick review of the summer. Since I'm spending every spare minute getting our Cut the Crazy out of Christmas class ready for Big Picture Scrapbooking dot com, I'm pretty sure this is the only 2008 summer layout I'll make. I'll always be glad I have this in my scrapbook album - and the photos will be safely tucked away in the photo album. Well, they will be as soon as Scott gets them put in. It's easy to click the link below and download the calendar. (If you click on the pictures they pop up larger.)

Beginner Basics with Debbie...

Debbie writes: You’re going to LOVE what I have to show you for this month’s Beginner Basics. In fact, you might as well just get your supplies out, because this is a quick and easy layout you’ll want to complete before the day is over!

Most of us have had good intentions to scrapbook all of our favorite summer photos. We don’t want to forget those good memories, but with three busy summer months, we don’t know where to start.

Georgana to the rescue! For her Make & Take project for the Big Picture Scrapbooking Summer Crop last month, Georgana decided to make a layout that summarizes the summer. She called it her Summer Highlights layout and created a three-month calendar to use on the pages to quickly list all her fun summer activities. Well, lucky for us, she has made the calendar available to all her blog readers to print out for your own scrapbooks. You can click on the link to download the calendar!

Download adornit_calendar.pdf

9608

I really enjoyed making this project. I was able to put a bunch of photos (ten total) on my double page layout. It was fun to review the summer as I flipped through my photos and filled in my calendar. I used a bunch of Adornit Cardstock Stickers and our adhesive foam letters. When it’s cold outside and I’m cozied up in my kitchen ready to do some “serious scrapbooking,” I’ll have this layout to remind me of Summer 2008. But right now, I’ve got to get outside and ride that bicycle!

Img_5703

Img_5705