1.08.2014

2014 quilt challenge

I'm trying something new! I'm participating in a yearlong quilt project. It's the Aurifil Block-of-the-Month Quilt Challenge.
The information about this challenge is here on Pat Sloan's blog. She's the host of the online event and she has made the first block and posted some tips to make the block quickly and easily. She also interviewed the designer who created the block - her name is Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic Quilts. 

Aurifil is company that produces fine threads for sewing and quilting. They have twelve quilt designers who will create and share a block each month. One reason I wanted to do this is to learn the stories behind the blocks. The designers are supposed to make a block in honor of a woman they admire. Follow along and the result will be a nice quilt at the end of the year. 

I decided to use my stash of ADORNit fabrics from when I worked there. The colors are so pretty with the grays, blues and reds. and I think they'll make me happy any time of the year.