The perfect antidote to depression caused by rain or snow is a take-out bowl of Olive Garden soup - I love the Pasta e Fagioli. I brought it home and placed the take-out bowl inside my pretty red bowl and enjoyed an early dinner. That soup is so good that I thought there must be a recipe on the internet - and yes there are lots. The following recipe sounded good whether you crockpot it or just cook it on the stovetop.
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup in a Crock Pot
(Copycat recipe from recipezaar.com)The website says: This tastes exactly like the pasta e fagioli soup at the Olive Garden. Wonderful!
SERVES 12 -14 - this is a big recipe, can be halved.
Write a Review! (optional)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- Brown beef in skillet. Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- During last 30 min on high, add pasta. OR even better, cook pasta on the stovetop and add as you are serving the soup.