11.02.2012

= Kimberbell at QuiLt MarKet =


Kimberbell Designs is the name of the company I work for, and I just had to show the booth at International Quilt Market last week in Houston. Here's Kim, my boss, and her sister Kris in the booth with Joel Dewberry. (Kris owns My Girlfriend's Quilt Shop.) Kim also has the sewing websites YouCanMakeThis.com and swakembroidery.com 

Kim designs wonderful quilts and other sewing projects and writes and sells the patterns for them. Her seasonal "Block of the Week" patterns are big sellers at the quilt shop. You can see them on the back wall.

The four quilts hanging up fromt are all in one pattern - it's called the Perfectly Imperfect quilt. That's because there are no seams that have to line up. Kim's applique designs are darling as you can see in these quilts. 

The Christmas corner was filled with things I want to make. I love the table runner with the black border. 

The baby projects are adorable. I made my own version of the quilt with the gray dots and pink chevron squares. I probably won't give it to any baby - just keep it in my collection. And that red/green/black JOY quilt in the background - I made that quilt last year as a "mystery quilt" at the shop before I ever knew Kim or dreamt that I'd work for her. I love the quilt world and being part of it in a very small way!