10.24.2012

~ bLog awesomeness ~


This is what I posted on Facebook last night:

"Do you love the Chef in Training blog? It's my sister's-son's-wife-Nikki's blog. She's a super blogger, and the recipes she posts almost daily are SO GOOD. I always get a kick out of going to her Tuesday Talent Show where other people link up and share recipes, crafts, whatever. Nikki has the best link up parties - so far today there are 289 links. I want to check out every one! But...if I spent only one minute per blog it'd take me about five hours. So I pick out three." 

Judging from the three blogs I visited, there's a lot of awesomeness out there in the blog world. One of the three I picked showed a diy project that is amazing...and old dresser transformed to a buffet...on the Ordinary Happily Ever After blog. The second blog, Pink Polka Dot Creations, showed a cute poster that said, "I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter." And the third blog, called The Kitchen Is My Playground, showed these darling gingerbread cookies made to look like vampires...a very cute must-share Halloween treat. Here's the post from blogger Tracey: 

 Gingerbread Vampires

"Who says gingerbread men are just for Christmas?  Not these guys.  These gingerbread men cookies have put on their vampire costumes for Halloween!
I wish I could take credit for this clever idea ... but alas, I cannot.  These Halloween dudes were inspired by Southern Supreme Gourmet Specialties, a mail-order gourmet food company located in middle-of-nowhere, North Carolina (a teeny town called Bear Creek, to be exact.)  My Mom and I visited their showroom a few weeks back and spotted their cute and clever little Halloween gingerbread vampires (which aren't available on their website ... showroom only item).  I decided I needed to try that myself!
So I came home and whipped up a batch."
To create these ghoulish vampires, make your favorite gingerbread cookies just like you always would ... here's my favorite gingerbread cookie recipe, if you need one.  Then use a dab of black frosting or royal icing to make eyes, buttons, and a straight across mouth ... add a smidge of white for fangs ... and pop three red mini candies or sprinkles on top of the black frosting buttons.  I used red x's from a Valentines' Day hugs & kisses sprinkles mix, but you could also use cinnamon redhots, mini M&Ms, or any other small red candy.  Voila!  Halloween vampire cookies.