7.03.2012

* pretty patriotic *

 F
Finally, I got myself into the sewing room and made something! This is my cute 4th of July tablerunner ...almost finished. I enjoyed every minute making this project. Well, almost every minute. When I realized I had cut the navy dot fabric ALL WRONG (in my haste), I was pretty mad at myself. Me, of all people, a writer of sewing instructions, should know better than to start cutting without carefully checking the cutting guide. But I improvised by sewing the mis-cut pieces back together and got enough inches to make the flags. I couldn't sew the cute pinwheels though (see original pattern below), so I ended up with the stripe block in the middle. It took me about four hours last night including stress-eating of Cheetos and diet root beer. It still needs to be quilted and bound, but I'll ask Carol to quilt it later and then it'll be even CUTER! 
 
I bought this as a kit at My Girlfriend's Quilt Shop. It was designed by Kim of Kimberbell Designs. Kim designs quilts and is the owner of  the website You Can Make This.com and also a machine embroidery website called SWAKembroidery.com. Kim and her twin sister Kris are the fabulous creators of the DIY Dish website and videos. Kris is also the owner of the quilt shop. They are two amazingly creative women. 
Here's the original design all quilted and bound. Notice the pinwheel block. Next time, I'll think before I cut. 


You can buy the pattern as a downloadable PDF here youcanmakethis.com. It's called the Americana Kitchen Tablerunner and Tea Towel Set. I love the instant gratification of PDF downloads. If I want a pattern at 11 pm, I just have to find it, pay, and print. 
Posted by Picasa