7.14.2011

in shops now...

...ADORNit's new Bugaboo fabric collection!

What a fun surprise to open an email newsletter from a neat quilt shop in Raleigh, North Carolina called "Wish Upon a Quilt" and scroll down and see the new bug fabric from ADORNit on their website.



This is such a cute line of fabric, and, in fact, we (meaning the company I work for as editor), just finished and sent to press the project book that goes with this line. So I've been up to my ears in Bugaboo! The pattern book has quilts, aprons, bags, stuffed toys - all made with the Bugaboo collection. I made several projects for the book, as well as doing the writing and editing. I had so much fun with the bug prints and so did everyone else who contributed projects. These fabrics would make the cutest quilt for a little pre-schooler who loves bugs. The colors are bright and the bug designs are adorable. AND the fabric is absolutely yummy as far as the feel and quality. I spend too much time thinking about all the projects I want to make and stashing fabric on my desk for future use. I'm so thrilled to be working with fabric as well as paper at Carolee's company.

My friend Tammy Andersen, graphic designer and artist at ADORNit drew the bugs by hand then created fabric designs with her bug art. (Take a minute and look at the cute little faces on those bugs.) It's an amazing process that I get to observe every day at work. The fabric shops that carry the fabric will also sell the coordinating Bugaboo project book...so I'm hoping we'll all see it in our quilt shops soon.

Wish Upon a Quilt Online Catalog with secure transactions




Additional items in this category






Bug A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt


Bug A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt


Bug
A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt


Bug A Boo by AdornIt

Bug A Boo by AdornIt