8.17.2010

summer bridal shower

Just wanted to share some photos from the lovely bridal shower for the bride of our cousin Tyler. My sister-in-law Jill went over the top with the most beautiful food, favors, decorations, and little extras that Jill does so beautifully. I call her Jill-Martha. She's amazing.

It was a perfect summer evening and so fun to relax and visit with Scott's aunts and cousins.

Melanie, mother of the groom; Scott's sisters Patty and Jill; me; the bride, Cami; and mother of the bride, Stacy.

Darling tissue paper flowers decorated the tables and landscaping.


Little cousin Ella couldn't hold herself back - she had to help Cami open every gift.

Marilyn and her darling daughter-in-law Jessica.

When I arrived to help with the shower, Jill gave me and the other 'hostesses' aprons she had made for us to wear. They were beautiful - I wish I could show you every detail and the perfect stitching. Jill is an expert seamstress. Our initials were monogrammed on the pockets.
Mary and Patty (Scott's sisters) in their aprons.

Jill creates the most beautiful invitations, flyers, favors, cards, inserts, booklets etc. She does the graphic design on her computer and then cuts and pastes and ribbons them to exquisite-ness. This is the favor she made with delicious delicate sugar cookies and mints.

Jill is also a wonderful cook - she baked cookies, cupcakes, and individual Boston cream pies for the shower treats. She make chicken salad sandwiches and punch. What did I do??? Just a bowl of fruit. I'll always volunteer to be on the committee with Jill!

I regret that I forgot to take photos when the food was first served. It was beautiful.



Yes, Jill made the tissue flowers - and the table runners under them.
Posted by Picasa