8.10.2010

[ Scrapbook Challenge ]

Here's my blog post for the Adornit August Scrapbook Challenge...........

Summertime and the livin’ is easy…yeah right! If you’re like me (Debbie Raymond, Adornit editor), you’re in a panic right now because it’s AUGUST 10 and the days of summer are flying by. Hmmm, August 10 - that reminds me of something…oh yes, it’s challenge time!

The theme for this month’s “10 in 2010” Scrapbook Challenge is Everyday Giggles. I’m challenging you to scrap about what makes you laugh. I want you to stop and think about the funny things your friends and family say, or the cute things your kids do, or the funny way your pet acts. Believe me, if you don’t record these humorous moments, the memories will be gone.

The challenge requirements for August are:

rub-on

sticker

dimensional flower

These elements are required on your layout. You have until Sept. 10 to create your page and post it to Adornit's Facebook page so we can all enjoy! (And I can enter you in the prize drawing.)

I asked my scrapping friend Nikki Barton to create some layouts for this month’s challenge. She did an awesome job – I was so tickled when I saw her pages! You’ll see that each layout includes the three challenge requirements.

I knew Nikki’s photos would be perfect for this month because of her extra-cute little daughter Avrie…and her extra-funny husband Derek. How cute are those photos!

You can see from Nikki’s layouts, which are made with mostly challenge kit products, that this month’s challenge kit is adorable!

Notice that Nikki used rub-ons, stickers, and dimensional flowers in this special layout about Avrie. The kit has papers and embellishments in pink, blue, and lots of brown – color combinations that everyone loves. You’ll find great basics in this kit and a couple of special extras (like my favorite rub-on!). August’s kit will include all of the fun Adornit product you see in this photo. At only $12.30 plus shipping, the kit will give you at least three layouts with supplies left over for cards and tags.

With the kit, you’ll get a color copy of the sketch shown above –so you can make your first layout in a jiffy! I’ve learned that once you create your fist layout, the creative juices start flowing, and it’s easy to keep scrapping!

So, I challenge you to think about what makes you giggle and make a layout!