3.13.2010

March Scrapbook Challenge

For this year, I've created a series on the Adornit blog that is a monthly scrapbooking challenge. Each month, I come up with a theme and a list of requirements for making a scrapbook page, and the participants have a month to make a page of their own, using the requirements. It's a fun way to share ideas. The best part is that at year's end, we'll all have TEN finished scrapbook layouts.I thought it would be fun to focus on the little things in life - I call it "Bits and Pieces of Everyday Life." For March, the theme is "What we say, every day." Here's what I wrote on the Adornit blog:

10 in 2010 logo

Hi everyone – thanks for your enthusiastic response to our “Ten in 2010” challenge. Special thanks to the scrappers who shared their awesome layouts. It was FUN for me to enjoy everyone’s creativity as they used the challenge requirements. If last month didn’t work for you to scrap, just jump in now – you’ll love our theme for March.

Please note: I’m going to wait until March 17 to announce the winner of the February challenge – because I said in the edited blog post that everyone would have a month to complete their layouts. So - you can still make that layout about how you're "lucky everyday!" Go for it. From now on, the deadline for the challenges will be the 10th day of the next month.

Now I’m excited to tell you about this month’s challenge! The theme for the March is, “What we say, every day.” (You can use that as your title, but it isn’t required.) What IS required on your layout is three easy elements.

Challenge requirements:

- QUOTE strips

- Brads

- Striped patterned paper

Here are two examples that I created using the three requirements:




I was excited to get started on the layout challenge for March, because I love the theme of everyday conversation. Preparing to create my little quote strips made me stop and listen to the daily talk around our house. In listening, I was able to determine that I don’t talk enough to my college-age son! He’s busy; I’m busy, and our interchange has become not much more than short sentences – most of them questions. “How are you today? How’s school? What time do you go to work today? Are you hungry? You left laundry in the dryer.” So in creating my layout, I learned something about myself and determined to make a change.

March1
March2

* PAGE KIT only $9.95 *

I chose Adornit’s Birthday Collection for the March 2010 Challenge Page Kit. (You don’t have to use the kit to post your challenge.) The page kit will include a photo illustration that you can scraplift and lots of supplies that you can use on several layouts. CLICK here for more information and order now for only $9.95 plus shipping.

I look forward to being inspired by your creativity! You can share your layout on your blog, on your Facebook page, on Adornit’s Facebook page, on your online retailer’s gallery (like Scrapbook.com) or anywhere else you like to post layouts. Just be sure to come back to this post and leave a link below (Remember to leave a link to the specific post that shows your layout, not to your blog home.) We can’t wait to see “what you say, every day.” Go start scrapping.