2.03.2014

scRapbooking nowadaYs


Scrapbooking! No, I haven't done it lately, but I sure have enjoyed looking at what others make. It's still alive and (sort of) well. Many scrappers have taken their layouts to an art form as you can see from the examples that follow. I'm amazed by their creativity and dedication to their art. I admire the companies who continue to design gorgeous product. The photos are from the blog of an Australian scrapbook distributor called Aussie ScrapSource. 

I just love watching trends and seeing how they change. Right now there seems to be an emphasis on texture with lots of layers and clusters of product on light-colored (or sometimes chalkboard-ish) backgrounds. The one-photo layout is still popular. Lots of scrappers are adding interest with stencils and spray mists.
Heidi Swapp
Carta Bella - Bella Blvd.
Sizzix
BoBunny
Jillibean Soup
Studio Calico
Studio Calico

ADORNit
The last image is the pretty Capri Collection from ADORNit where I once worked as writer and editor. It's actually not a new collection, but I included this layout because I came up with the name for the papers and fabrics: Capri. A simple but nice name that made me think of sunshine, sea scenes, and happy vacations. The girls on the layout are the owner/founder/artist Carolee McMullin and her daughters..the ADORNit girls...also a name that I developed!