4.05.2013

- life lesson in song -


I don't listen to country music much. I have 47 country songs on my iTunes country playlist - to me that's just a few. But tonight as I drove home from fixing dinner for my parents and helping my mom get ready for bed, I happened to tune the radio to KIX96. Heard a song I've never heard before. 

I needed to hear it just then.

 It stopped me short and muted my inner whining. 

This is all just life. 

It's why we're here and what we're about. 

As the song says, "It ain't no fantasy, just a common case of everyday reality."

Sounds Like Life to Me

 ( Darryl Worley, Wynn Varble, Phil O’Donnell )

(Chorus)
Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me 

(Chorus)
Sounds like life to me plain old destiny
Yeah the only thing for certain is uncertainty
You gotta hold on tight just enjoy the ride
Get used to all this unpredictability
Sounds like life 

Man I know its tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
Sounds like life to me