2.14.2013

- Happy Heart Day -


For Valentine's Day, I made the "Be Mine" Table Runner from Kimberbell Designs (that's where I work). It was a fun quilt  from beginning to end. For me, the beginning was when Kim first showed me her new Valentine project - way before Christmas. I loved it and couldn't wait to get ahold of the pattern. That meant we (Kim and I) had to write the pattern. Sewing it for myself was a great way to test our directions.  

It came together beautifully and was also a successful mystery quilt for My Girlfriend's Quilt Shop. I love the little pinwheel and felt heart arrow. The quilt shop's resident quilter, Mary, machine quilted it for me. I watched several episodes of Doc Martin as I hemmed the binding. Very relaxing.

The tumbler blocks were new to me, but really fun to make. I like how Kim includes piecing techniques that are a bit unusual and something new to learn. Have a Happy Valentine's Day.


And here's "the other version" that Kim made. She usually makes a more traditional and a more bright and trendy version of her runners. 
Posted by Picasa