6.21.2010

{ sewing and knitting in soho }

I've read on blogs about the New York City fabric store called Purl Soho, so it was top on my list of places I wanted to visit in NYC. We wandered up and down fun streets in Soho, stopping at art galleries and stores like CB2, until we finally arrived at my top destination.

It was just like visiting the website! There were the projects and supplies that I've looked at online.

Scott took lots of photos of the walls of color.

Good thread in every hue.

Gorgeous yarns - this place is a knitter and crocheter's dream come true.

The fabric selection was smaller than I expected, but very fun to look at. Quite an eclectic collection of whimsical, artsy, modern, creative, and unusual fabrics. Lots of Japanese prints, Denyse Schmidt fabrics, and "famous" designers like Heather Ross and Amy Butler.


I bought a bundle of fat quarters in gray and blue tones. My kind of souvenir!

Posted by Picasa