- Scott and I are in NYC, and like the Apple Store on 5th Avenue that's open 24/7, we seem to be going going going all day and late into the night.
- Women are well dressed here. Really, everyone is 'dressed up' and stylish. I have loved people watching here because everyone looks fabulous.
- How can all these women wear such gorgeous shoes? I know they walk miles every day...but still, they all have on great heels or cute sandals.
- Most people here are thin or at most, average. I mean, it's really something I've noticed. Maybe it's all the walking.
- If you're a pedestrian in this city you'd better stay alert and obey the cross-walk signals.
- I have had a few wild rides in my life, but the shuttle ride from the airport to our hotel ranks up there at the top.
- One of the top things in a shuttle driver's bag of tricks is his horn. Honking the horn in a timely and appropriate manner is a true skill.
- The 5th Avenue Apple Store is a crystal cube filled with magic! It's open all day and all night. We were in there at midnight on Saturday night and the place was packed.
- The "in" jewelry at Tiffany's (at least the items that filled the jewelry cases at the front entrance of the store) is old-fashioned key pendants on gold or silver chains. Some are diamond studded.
- If you wondered where all of the old Singer sewing machines went (quilters want these for traveling to workshops and classes), they are collected at a store called All Saints. It's a store like Anthropologie - young hip clothes and shoes - but the decor includes walls and walls that are filled floor to ceiling with Singers. There are also old bobbins and factory sewing machines everywhere. Kind of wierd and disconnected. This store is in Soho, so maybe it's a former factory or something.
- Soho, Loho and Noho. All cool and oh, so filled with people. Crowds and crowds of people.
- The economic recovery is alive and well in NYC. The fitting room and check out lines in stores like American Eagle, Abercrombie, Gap, Banana Republic etc. are a mile long.
- Psychedelic prints - groovy - are in style and everywhere. Takes me back to Jr. High.
- Eating is not a priority for Scott.
* new york observations *
Posted by Debbie