3.31.2008

March Beginner Basics

Drclassic


I made this scrapbook page because I loved the challenge Georgana put on her blog to find classic photos and scrapbook an album of them. Instead of going through old photos in my photo albums (it was just too overwhelming) I decided to go through all of the photos we have downloaded on the computer - yes there are thousands, but it was do-able. I looked for favorite 'classic' photos and saved them to a seperate folder. This photo of Becky is just cute. I used the layout for the "Beginner Basics" section of Georgana's blog - here is what I wrote:

Beginner Basics: If you’re a beginner, I think you’ll really like Georgana’s classic challenge. Scrapping can be overwhelming if you don’t have a focus – there’s so much to scrap. This challenge will help you focus on a small slice of life, with photos to define it. It won’t be hard to go through your photos and find the classics.

For my layout, I quickly went through a bunch of digital photo albums and found some extra-special pictures that brought back classic memories. It was an hour of smiling as I reviewed some of my favorite photos. Because I’m a ‘word person,’ I also thought of some of the classic quotes and sayings from my life. I decided to make my first classic layout about a quote that we had on the wall by our phone when our kids were teenagers. I put classic photos of my daughter Becky in the layout, because she grew up reading that quote every day…and it worked! The quote reads: “I am determined to be happy in whatever situation I may be – for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not our circumstances.” The picture shows the quote on the wall and a happy Becky.