3.03.2014

the last few days of February


It has been beautiful here lately with spectacular sunsets and mild weather. A bit of rain (thankfully) last week and one huge rainstorm that made my drive home from Salt Lake City on Thursday harrowing, to say the least. When I watch the news and see the terrible snow and ice storms in the east YET AGAIN, I feel so sad for those poor people and so grateful for lucky us (although I KNOW we need the snow and rain to avoid drought this summer).
I love Scott's shots of the sunset and incredible sky above the Wellsville mountains.
Today I went outside and checked out the yard. There are tiny shoots of green everywhere. It feels wrong somehow.
Our resident pheasant is back. He makes a distinctive call and when I hear it, I run to the window to say hello.
 
And the deer continue to hang out. This is a shot from our deck with the canopy supports framing the buck.
The weekend loafers. They spent the day basking in the sun and enjoying our crab apples and soft grass.


No comments: