12.07.2012

' daNg disRacTion '

I shouldn't be trying to bake when I have so much to do. I shouldn't even consider it. But something about stress makes me want to make chocolate chip cookies. I'm pretty fast at it, so this morning I decided to go for it.


And sure enough, the dough was yummy and hit the spot. Just what I needed. I put the first batch in the oven and COMPLETELY FORGOT. I didn't even smell the cookies baking, nor did I smell the cookies burning.
I hate that moment when you realize.
  I hated wasting those burnt cookies. Even more, I didn't want Scott to know. I gathered them up in a Lee's Marketplace sack and threw them down the side of the garbage under the other stuff. (Seriously, they are burnt - the photo above doesn't do them justice.)

It was such a good recipe - especially the dough. Good thing I doubled the recipe. I carefully baked two more batches with two timers ringing after 9 minutes. (They are best if not overdone.) The recipe is Chocolate Chip Cookies with Rice Krispies. You make them when you have three boxes of Rice Krispies that you bought in the summer to make RK Treats for Bear Lake.



Kellog's Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
   1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
  • 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels

1. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and chocolate chips. Drop by level tablespoon onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.

3. Bake at 350° F about 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Posted by Picasa