9.24.2011

+ a new TO DO +

I get frequent emails about the new classes from Big Picture Classes. (Last year my boss Geornana and I taught Cut the Crazy Out of Christmas on Big Picture and we will again next year.) When I got this email, even though I promised myself I WOULD NOT sign up for another class, I just couldn't resist. I just signed up. The price is $35.00 for a four-week class that starts October 20th.

I love Kolette Hall's work and style and voice on her blog...which is named The Art of Choosing Joy, so of course I would like it. She's a graphic designer and creates many of the stamps and craft materials you see in Michaels, Target, Jo-ann, etc. Her BPC workshops are very detailed and well-written, and I recommend this one if you have dreams of crafting or making gifts for Christmas! She'll show twelve projects with instructions, pictures, etc.

Here's the scoop from the Big Picture website for Giving Well 2011. If you go to BPC, you can also listen to Kolette tell about her workshop.


Giving Well 2011

Gift-giving is an art. From the gift tag and wrapping paper to what’s inside the package, you are saying something when you give a gift. Back by popular demand, Kolette Hall has designed a fresh round of fabulous, manageable gift ideas for the holiday season and all year long. This class is literally packed with everything you need to give well for the holidays or any special event throughout the year – and Kolette has designed every idea that you will see in this class!

Every other day you will receive a new idea for Giving Well. True to form, Kolette has also included her exclusive downloadable artwork to help you create the perfect gifts and gift tags. As those of you who joined us in the past for Giving Well know, you will be amazed with what you get in just four weeks of class time.

Whether you are mass-producing one gift idea or choosing to craft a different gift for each person on your list, you’ll get over a dozen ideas for creating personalized home décor and other great gift ideas. Come join Kolette as she guides you in your new art form: the art of Giving Well.