11.04.2008

{ time to get back to FLYLADY }

http://flylady.org/pages/FlightPlan.asp

Above is the web address of a website that has influenced me through the years. But as with all "motivators," I am hot and cold about doing what they suggest. There are times when I tune in to Flylady and really go with it and times I lose focus and forget. (FLY is an acronym for FINALLY LOVING YOURSELF.)
--BUT THIS MONTH I NEED HER! I'm trying to work on Christmas, but I also need to get my house back in order. Many things are still out of place from our basement remodel and I just can't seem to get a handle on any of it.
--I don't know whether it was serendipity, pure coincidence, or an angel nudge, but last night, for the first time in months, I went to visit my old (virtual) friend Marla Cilley aka Flylady. And there on the front page of her website was the help I need. She divides the home into five "cleaning zones" and if I stick to her zones, by Dec. 8, I'll have a clean house, just in time for the holidays. THIS WEEK WE ARE IN ZONE ONE - ENTRANCE, FRONT PORCH and DINING ROOM.
--Just what I need. I'm going to follow Flylady through the zones this month - all she asks is 15 minutes a day focusing on these parts of your house. When I was giving candy to the trick or treaters I was noticing that my front porch is covered with dead bugs. OK for a Halloween effect, but definitely gotta go now. And I'm sure my doorbell is black from dozens of sticky little hands ringing it the other night. So no more internet until I get my work done!

READ THIS FROM FLYLADY if you need more INFO:

"You are never behind. Jump in where you are." - FlyLady

FlyLady has divided the home up into 5 different zones. Don't worry if you think you have more than 5 zones in your own home (we all do LOL), follow FlyLady's Zones. Her zones will hit on all the major living areas of your home. Each week, we work in a different zone. Each month, we repeat all the zones. In a few months, you will notice that the main parts of your home will look great. Then you will be ready to tackle some of the "other" areas of your home!
These are the zones for November - mark your calendars:
Zone 1: The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room (November 3 - 7)
Zone 2: The Kitchen (November 10 - 14)
Zone 3: The Bathroom and One Extra Room (November 17 - 21)
Zone 4: The Master Bedroom (November 24 - 28)Zone 5: The Living Room (November 26 - 30)

Starting Zone Work
When you first start zone work, you are encouraged to spend 15 minutes per day decluttering in the current zone. That's it! Baby steps! Set your timer for 15 minutes and clear out those things that you don't use or love. Flybabies, don't forget to keep working on your Morning and Before Bed Routines - do them everyday! (see the FLYing Lessons for more information about this). Once you have a good start on your routines, it is much easier to do the zone work.
Before you start, review the rules of zone cleaning:
Be fully dressed to shoes before you start.
Your daily cleaning chores should be finished and preferably weekly vacuuming done.
The room has to be fairly straight.
Do not pull out more than you can put back in 1 hour.
Clean one drawer or one pile at a time.
If you do not know how to declutter, go to
How to Declutter
Be consistent. Do a little every day. Don't try to accomplish this in one day. You will burn out and will hate this system. BabySteps!
Set your timer and work for 15 minutes. That's all. It did not get junked up in one day and it won't get clean in one day either. Patience and BabySteps. You can do this.