9.23.2011

{ never ending }

Today has seemed like a week - this morning was at least twenty hours ago.

This week has seemed like a month - each day lasted forever.

This month has been the longest September in history.

And NO, the summer didn't go by "so fast."

What am I getting at? If you're my friend or relative you've heard it before; I've moaned about it over and over. And really, Debbie, what's to moan about? But...

Suzie's pregnancy has been the L-O-N-G-E-S-T, slowest pregnancy ever. Suzie is my daughter and she and her husband Winston are going to have a baby girl (little baby Elizabeth) any day now. But getting to this point has dragged on for me in the most unreal way.

I commented to Suzie about this long-lasting pregnancy, and she pointed out that actually, she's been pregnant for about two years - give or take some months here or there. She had two IVFs and two miscarriages and a couple of surgeries and lots of shots and medications in between. Of course, as her mother, my heart has been with her every step of the way. And then...she got pregnant!!! And in her disbelief and excitement she told us, her parents, really early. So all those things have added up to this seemingly endless pregnancy. (I've seriously tried not to express this to her too much.)

It's close now. In fact tomorrow I can say, she's being induced tomorrow!!! And soon after that I'll be able to exhale. Listen closely Sunday night or Monday to hear it - my huge exhale. And before we know it we'll be bawling our eyes out over this little granddaughter. Just as we have with the other five.

Suzie's so cute pregnant. She wondered if she should have "pregnancy pictures" taken and I (and others) voted YES!!! I'm so glad we encouraged her, because the photos are wonderful (photographer information. below). Enjoy. (btw, it just took me nine hours to write this post lol.)










Gratitude runneth over.

Photos by Arika Averett Photography, Logan, UT. Call me for info or message Arika here on Facebook. She's a USU student, so she'll call you asap!