3.19.2010

- adornit's february challenge winner -

















I'm posting this on my blog because I think it's so cool. I'll explain. In February, I started a year-long scrapbook "challenge" on the Adornit blog called "10 in 2010," asking Adornit customers to make one layout each month from Feb. until November of this year. On (or around) the tenth of the month I post the theme of the month's challenge and a list of three requirements that have to appear on the scrapbook page. For February the challenge was to have 1) something with polka dots, 2) folded or pleated ribbon, and 3) a journaling spot. Once they make their layout, they post it to Adornit's blog or Facebook page. Each month I'll randomly draw a winner from among the participants. It's a way to motivate scrappers to scrap their layouts monthly, but the challenge adds a little fun and interest.

I just drew the Feb. winner and was delighted because the winner is a darling gal from IRELAND named Dee Morrison. I loved her white layout when I first saw it on the Facebook page because of the clean, uncluttered lines, and she used the requirements in a simple but beautiful way. You can see her folded ribbon along the right edge, her journaling spot at the top, and the background is a beautiful pastel dotted paper.

Scrapbooking is a indeed a international hobby - Adornit ships their product to scrapbook shops and internet stores in countries all over the world - and that market is growing. And because of blogs and Facebook, we get to share images of our latest scrapbook pages with friends from many places. I regularly visit blogs of scrappers from Holland, Spain, Australia, and Denmark.

Finally, I have to show you one of the layouts I made as an example of the requirements in the
February challenge. My journaling tells about one of my favorite things - the cuteness of a mom trying to make her baby smile for pictures. This is Becky and baby Emmett when he was about six weeks old.